This is a field-based position and does not need to be located in Tucson, AZ
Headquartered in Tucson, Arizona, we are a provider of instruments and reagents for molecular profiling applications. Our mission is to empower precision medicine at the local level. Our next-generation sequencing (NGS)-adapted chemistry and instrument platforms automate sample processing and can quickly, robustly, and simultaneously profile hundreds or thousands of molecular targets from samples a fraction of the size required by competitive technologies, enabling customers to do more molecular profiling with less sample.
Additional information about us is available at www.htgmolecular.com.
- Builds and leads HTG’s Pharma sales team focused on pharma services, consumable sales and companion diagnostics in Oncology and Immunology.
- Be the face of HTG to external pharma and biotech partners, liaising with all levels of biopharma partners from biomarker groups to CEOs.
- Develop and implement strategic partnerships with global best-in-class CROs.
- Drive sales of HTG’s pharma services business; secure and retain business through professional, consultative, and proactive sales activities directed at key decision-makers.
- Lead proposal development, term sheet generation, and negotiations with biopharma companies.
- Mentor and lead a team of sales professionals in the United States, with potential future expansion in Europe and Asia.
- Analyze potential opportunities and develop sales plans for each target account. Develop in-depth knowledge of the customer organization, including specific development pipelines.
- Expand awareness of HTG’s products, develop strategic partnerships with customers and oversee alliance management in the ongoing management of those partnerships.
- Maintain high visibility within the customer organization. Monitor customer satisfaction by regular communication with the customer.
- Develops and maintains the market intelligence (both competitor and market) for the business team.
- Establish and implement commercial best practices including strategic selling and use of Salesforce.com (SFDC) as central CRM solution.
- Oversee all administrative personnel requirements of a sales team.
- BA or BS in diagnostics or life sciences (MBA also preferred but not required).
- Minimum 5 years demonstrated success selling into biopharma.
- Minimum 10 years demonstrated sales leadership in the life science/tools market.
- Minimum 10 years in marketing in diagnostic and/or life science tools.
- Capital equipment sales management experience in genomics highly preferred.
- Diagnostic and/or life science bench experience, preferred.
- Business development and partnership experience preferred.
- Proven track record of effectively delivering on aggressive revenue plan.
- Strong leadership skills.
- Strong customer and market understanding.
- Good communication skills.
- Team player, values driven.
- Good conflict management skills.
- Strong life science tools and genomics market understanding.
- Strong technical skills and acumen.
- Strong strategic agility and acumen.
- Strong talent management and hiring skills.
- Ability to travel to the Tucson office and customer sites as necessary.
Nestled at the foothills of the majestic Catalina Mountains, and ringed by 4 other mountain ranges, a young and family-friendly modern metropolis, Tucson offers 276 days of sunshine, unparalleled golf, museums, historic sites and hiking trails where one can experience the wide variety of animal and plant life of the Sonoran Desert, one of the most biodiverse spots on the planet.
HTG offers competitive salaries and an attractive benefits package including 100% employer-paid medical and dental benefits, long term disability and life insurance, an employee stock purchase plan, and the unique ability to work with cutting edge technological advances.
HTG is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Please apply here