Headquartered in Tucson, Arizona, we are a provider of instruments and reagents for molecular profiling applications. Our mission is to empower precision medicine at the local level. Our next-generation sequencing (NGS)-adapted chemistry and instrument platforms automate sample processing and can quickly, robustly, and simultaneously profile hundreds or thousands of molecular targets from samples a fraction of the size required by competitive technologies, enabling customers to do more molecular profiling with less sample.
Additional information about us is available at www.htgmolecular.com.
- Responsible for overall operation and administration of the laboratory, including management of personnel who are qualified and competent to perform test procedures, record, and report test results promptly, accurately and proficiently and for assuring compliance with customer requirements and applicable regulations.
- Provides day to day supervision of testing personnel and reporting of test results.
- Responsible for ensuring adherence to all laboratory procedures and accurate reporting of test results.
- Responsible for monitoring test analyses to ensure that acceptable levels of analytical performance are maintained.
- Ensures that there are sufficient personnel with adequate documented training and experience to meet the needs of the laboratory.
- Annually evaluates and documents the performance of all laboratory personnel.
- Enforces safety procedures and consults with other supervisors about these issues.
- Ensures all documentation is completed in an accurate and timely manner and meets current standards and policies.
- Writes and/or reviews technical documentation associated with laboratory testing including SOPs, validation plans, validation reports, study plans, and study reports.
- Maintains laboratory productivity by monitoring workload of functional areas; identifying peak and slack periods and making operational or staffing adjustments as necessary.
- Implements new programs, tests, methods, instrumentation, and procedures by investigating alternatives; preparing proposals; developing and performing parallel testing; monitoring progress
- Resolves problems by consulting with other laboratory supervisors, laboratory directors, research. personnel, development personnel, and operations personnel.
- Complies with ongoing departmental inspections of equipment and physical space; makes recommendations regarding equipment utilization and needs.
- Complies with internal and external audits and inspections.
- Participates in continuing education activities, including webinars and conferences.
Bachelor's degree in a chemical, physical, biological, or clinical laboratory science. Advanced degree preferred.
- At least 3 years working in a CLIA molecular testing laboratory.
- At least 2 years of supervisory experience in a CLIA laboratory
- Experience with biospecimen management.
- At least one year of direct molecular testing experience
- Demonstrated ability to manage laboratory personnel and processes
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Considerable knowledge of the basic principles and laboratory applications of molecular biology
- Knowledge of equipment and supplies used in a molecular testing laboratory
- Ability to troubleshoot molecular assays
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, including technical writing
- Ability to provide information and directions clearly and concisely
- Ability to deal with staff in a positive and successful manner
- Ability to contribute novel ideas to solve problems
- Ability to multi-task, manage time and meet deadlines
- Ability to use Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, and Microsoft PowerPoint
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to prioritize responsibilities as required
Physical, Mental, and Environmental Requirements:
Work is indoors in a seasonally heated and air-conditioned environment. The position is sedentary and requires typing, and the ability to move objects weighing up to 25 lbs.
Nestled at the foothills of the majestic Catalina Mountains, and ringed by 4 other mountain ranges, a young and family-friendly modern metropolis, Tucson offers 276 days of sunshine, unparalleled golf, museums, historic sites and hiking trails where one can experience the wide variety of animal and plant life of the Sonoran Desert, one of the most biodiverse spots on the planet.
HTG offers competitive salaries and an attractive benefits package including 100% employer-paid medical and dental benefits, long term disability and life insurance, an employee stock purchase plan, and the unique ability to work with cutting edge technological advances.
HTG is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Please apply here