Headquartered in Tucson, Arizona, we are a provider of instruments and reagents for molecular profiling applications. Our mission is to empower precision medicine at the local level. Our next-generation sequencing (NGS)-adapted chemistry and instrument platforms automate sample processing and can quickly, robustly, and simultaneously profile hundreds or thousands of molecular targets from samples a fraction of the size required by competitive technologies, enabling customers to do more molecular profiling with less sample.
Additional information about us is available at www.htgmolecular.com.
- Direct and manage molecular research and product development from technology feasibility through clinical validation; may manage other managers.
- Work with team leads to coordinate and prioritize resources ensuring that quality, time to market, performance, and budgetary goals are met.
- Establish operational objectives and work plans and delegate assignments to subordinates.
- Lead Development scientists to bring novel molecular assays through the design control process, analytical verification, clinical validation, FDA approval (if necessary), and commercialization.
- Participate in external customer interactions and clinical and scientific collaborations.
- Provide functional mentoring and expertise to technical staff; select and develop leaders.
- PhD in Genetics, Pharmacology, Cellular and Molecular Biology, Biochemistry, or equivalent
- 5+ years of relevant experience in Biotechnology, Diagnostics, or Pharma, and a track record of molecular diagnostic assay development required; 2 years of people management experience required.
- Management of a laboratory, team, operation, or project.
- Demonstrated track record of significant contributions that led to the successful launch of a product, a shift in direction, or the pursuit of new business ventures by a company.
- Experience with Quality and Regulatory requirements for product development.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Development of assays, systems, and detection methods for gene expression profiling
- Next-Generation Sequencing
- Basic molecular biology laboratory techniques, including PCR and real-time qPCR assays
- Product development and design controls
- Management principles
- Regulatory requirements and industry standards such as FDA, GMP, CLSI, ISO, IND, CLIA
- Excellent teamwork across functional groups
- Excellent leadership and motivational abilities
- Interpersonal and multidisciplinary management skills
Physical, Mental, and Environmental Requirements:
Weekend and evening work may be required in order to meet deadlines. Work is indoors in a seasonally heated and airconditioned environment. The position is sedentary and requires typing and the ability to move objects weighing up to 25 lbs. Occasional travel may be required.
Nestled at the foothills of the majestic Catalina Mountains, and ringed by 4 other mountain ranges, a young and family-friendly modern metropolis, Tucson offers 276 days of sunshine, unparalleled golf, museums, historic sites and hiking trails where one can experience the wide variety of animal and plant life of the Sonoran Desert, one of the most biodiverse spots on the planet.
HTG offers competitive salaries and an attractive benefits package including 100% employer-paid medical and dental benefits, long term disability and life insurance, an employee stock purchase plan, and the unique ability to work with cutting edge technological advances.
HTG is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Please apply here