Headquartered in Tucson, Arizona, we are a provider of instruments and reagents for molecular profiling applications. Our mission is to empower precision medicine at the local level. Our next-generation sequencing (NGS)-adapted chemistry and instrument platforms automate sample processing and can quickly, robustly, and simultaneously profile hundreds or thousands of molecular targets from samples a fraction of the size required by competitive technologies, enabling customers to do more molecular profiling with less sample.
Additional information about us is available at www.htgmolecular.com.
- Performs service assay work for customers in accordance with standard protocols for various assays.
- Processes and analyzes assay data for transfer to external customers.
- Responsible for final report generation to external customers.
- Leads technical discussion and analysis of data for the commercial laboratory.
- Assists sales department in understanding and developing customer objectives.
- Provide technical input to design of experiment for commercial projects.
- Organize cross-functional projects relative to the generation of data for external customers.
- May interact with customer regarding assay development, data results, and/or assay trouble shooting.
- Adheres to Current Good Manufacturing Practices (cGMPs), Current Good Laboratory Practices (cGLPs), and appropriate assay protocols.
- Adheres to safety requirements.
- May work on assignments that are moderately complex in nature where judgment is required to resolve operational issues without negatively impacting manufacturing efforts, such as trouble shooting equipment problems or assay results.
Education: Masters/PhD Degree in Cellular and Molecular Biology, Molecular Pathology or related field.
Experience: 2-5 years’ experience in a laboratory setting, industry or university research.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Understanding of biostatistical analyses and familiar with statistical computer packages/applications.
- Basic math and principles of experimental methods
- Good written and oral skills in English
- Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
- Understanding of lean environment and process mapping.
- Quality systems and Standard Operating Procedures
- PCR, real-time PCR, and next-generation sequencing preferred
- Ability to acquire basic job skills, such as learning new assays and instrument operation
- Ability to read and interpret assays protocols, instrument operating manuals, and safety rules
- Ability to enter information into service records and lab documentation
- Willingness to accept instruction
- Ability to maintain a professional and productive relationship with supervisor and coworkers
- Ability to work within a team environment in a culture of accountability
Physical, Mental, and Environmental Requirements:
Some weekend and evening work is required in order to meet deadlines. Shift work may occasionally be required. Work is indoors in a seasonally heated and air-conditioned environment. The position is sedentary and requires pipetting, typing, and the ability to move objects weighing up to 25 lbs. Occasional travel may be required to customer work sites.
Nestled at the foothills of the majestic Catalina Mountains, and ringed by 4 other mountain ranges, a young and family friendly modern metropolis, Tucson offers 276 days of sunshine, unparalleled golf, museums, historic sites and hiking trails where one can experience the wide variety of animal and plant life of the Sonoran Desert, one of the most biodiverse spots on the planet.
HTG offers competitive salaries and an attractive benefits package including 100% employer paid medical and dental benefits, long term disability and life insurance, an employee stock purchase plan, and the unique ability to work with cutting edge technological advances.
Please apply here
HTG is an Equal Opportunity Employer