Headquartered in Tucson, Arizona, we are a provider of instruments and reagents for molecular profiling applications. Our mission is to empower precision medicine at the local level. Our next-generation sequencing (NGS)-adapted chemistry and instrument platforms automate sample processing and can quickly, robustly, and simultaneously profile hundreds or thousands of molecular targets from samples a fraction of the size required by competitive technologies, enabling customers to do more molecular profiling with less sample.
Additional information about us is available at www.htgmolecular.com.
- Responsible for daily supervision of laboratory operations personnel.
- Responsible for the proper performance of all laboratory procedures and reporting of test results.
- Trains, or supervises training, of lab employees.
- Regularly evaluates and documents the performance of all lab employees.
- Enforces safety procedures and consults with other supervisors about these issues.
- Ensures Good Documentation Practices for laboratory testing are maintained.
- Supervises purchasing of supplies and maintains equipment inventory.
- Completes operational requirements by scheduling and assigning employees.
- Maintains laboratory productivity by monitoring workload of functional areas; identifying peak and slack periods; making operational or staffing adjustments, as necessary.
- Implements new programs, tests, methods, instrumentation, and procedures by investigating alternatives; preparing proposals; developing and performing parallel testing; and monitoring progress.
- Resolves problems through collaboration with lab management, research, development, and operations staff.
- Complies with ongoing departmental inspections of equipment and physical space; makes recommendations regarding equipment utilization and needs.
- Complies with internal and external audits and inspections.
- Performs other reasonable duties as assigned.
Education: Bachelor's degree in a chemical, physical, biological, or clinical laborator science required. Advance degree preferred.
- Minimum of 3 years of molecular testing laboratory experience.
- Minimum of 2 years of supervisor experience
- Experience with biospecimen management
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Demonstrated ability to supervise laboratory staff.
- Proven leadership skills.
- Ability to train staff on laboratory techniques and processes.
- Troubleshooting molecular assays.
- Considerable knowledge of the principles and laboratory applications of molecular biology.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, including technical writing.
- Ability to multi-task, manage time and meet deadlines.
- Highly organized with the ability to prioritize responsibilities as required.
Physical, Mental, and Environmental Requirements:
Occasional weekend and evening work may be required in order to meet deadlines. Work is indoors in a seasonally heated and airconditioned environment. The position is sedentary and requires typing and the ability to move objects weighing up to 25 lbs.
Nestled at the foothills of the majestic Catalina Mountains, and ringed by 4 other mountain ranges, a young and family friendly modern metropolis, Tucson offers 276 days of sunshine, unparalleled golf, museums, historic sites and hiking trails where one can experience the wide variety of animal and plant life of the Sonoran Desert, one of the most biodiverse spots on the planet.
HTG offers competitive salaries and an attractive benefits package including 100% employer paid medical and dental benefits, long term disability and life insurance, an employee stock purchase plan, and the unique ability to work with cutting edge technological advances.
Please apply here
HTG is an Equal Opportunity Employer