Headquartered in Tucson, Arizona, we are a provider of instruments and reagents for molecular profiling applications. Our mission is to empower precision medicine at the local level. Our next-generation sequencing (NGS)-adapted chemistry and instrument platforms automate sample processing and can quickly, robustly, and simultaneously profile hundreds or thousands of molecular targets from samples a fraction of the size required by competitive technologies, enabling customers to do more molecular profiling with less sample.
Additional information about us is available at www.htgmolecular.com.
- Operates and maintains laboratory equipment
- Acts as a Subject Matter Expert and performs service assay work for customers in accordance with SOWs and standard protocols for various assays
- Develops standard protocols for the service laboratory with minimal instructions from laboratory management
- Implements laboratory continues improvement activities in collaboration with laboratory management
- Adheres to Current Good Manufacturing Practices (cGMPs), Current Good Laboratory Practices (cGLPs), and appropriate assay protocols
- Adheres to Good Documentation Practices for service work and other company documentation
- Adheres to laboratory safety requirements
- Coordinates inventory of laboratory items and orders additional lab supplies as needed
- Prepare samples for automated and bench-related activities, which include PCR, real-time PCR, and next-generation sequencing (MiSeq and NextSeq)
- Responsible for moderately complex tasks where judgment is required to resolve operational issues without negatively impacting service laboratory efforts, such as trouble shooting equipment problems or assay results
- Completion of root cause analysis and failure investigations for related customer communications or non-compliances in collaboration with laboratory management
- Trains or supervises training program of new lab assistants.
- Acts as a laboratory representative for equipment technical support issues
- Coordinates workflow planning and acts as the representative at planning meetings
- Degree in related Life Sciences; strong background in Molecular Biology preferred
- At least 3 years’ experience in a laboratory setting.
- Basic laboratory techniques, such as pipetting and keeping service records
- Basic math and principles of experimental methods
- Good written and oral communication skills (in English)
- Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook), e-mail
- PCR, real-time PCR, and next-generation sequencing preferred
- Ability to acquire basic job skills, such as learning new assays and instrument operation
- Ability to read and interpret assays protocols, instrument operating manuals, and safety rules
- Ability to enter information into service records and lab documentation
- Has good interpersonal skills and discusses problems with coworkers and supervisor
- Willingness to accept and follow instruction
- Ability to instruct/train other personnel in established processes
- Ability to maintain a professional and productive relationships with coworkers
- Ability to work within a team environment in a culture of accountability
Some weekend and evening work is required to meet deadlines. Shift work may occasionally be required. Work is indoors in a seasonally heated and air-conditioned environment. The position is sedentary and requires pipetting, typing, and the ability to move objects weighing up to 25 lbs.
Nestled at the foothills of the majestic Catalina Mountains, and ringed by 4 other mountain ranges, a young and family friendly modern metropolis, Tucson offers 276 days of sunshine, unparalleled golf, museums, historic sites and hiking trails where one can experience the wide variety of animal and plant life of the Sonoran Desert, one of the most biodiverse spots on the planet.
HTG offers competitive salaries and an attractive benefits package including 100% employer paid medical and dental benefits, long term disability and life insurance, an employee stock purchase plan, and the unique ability to work with cutting edge technological advances.
Please apply here
HTG is an Equal Opportunity Employer