Headquartered in Tucson, Arizona, we are a provider of instruments and reagents for molecular profiling applications. Our mission is to empower precision medicine at the local level. Our next-generation sequencing (NGS)-adapted chemistry and instrument platforms automate sample processing and can quickly, robustly, and simultaneously profile hundreds or thousands of molecular targets from samples a fraction of the size required by competitive technologies, enabling customers to do more molecular profiling with less sample.
Additional information about us is available at www.htgmolecular.com.
THIS IS A FIELD BASED POSITION. EMPLOYEE DOES NOT NEED TO RESIDE IN TUCSON.
Reporting to the Senior Director of Marketing, the Global Assays Product Manager is accountable for the strategic and tactical product management responsibilities for products within HTG Molecular portfolio of assays. The role includes leading the development and execution of new product development, product marketing plans; establishing and maintaining a strong competitive position through strategic and tactical identification of marketing opportunities; and developing marketing promotional and communication programs in collaboration with the instrument/software teams and the regions. In addition, this person will be responsible for elevating the overall strategic thinking of the global marketing teams, defining growth strategies and executing effectively in a shifting and dynamic marketplace. In this role you will interact with cross functional teams including: R&D, Quality, Regulatory, Manufacturing, Finance and Marketing to ensure that products successfully launched into the market and that budgets, timelines and performance objectives are met.
- Responsible for the total customer experience including, the strategic and financial performance of their product portfolio. Supports annual planning process to define and communicate global strategic, product development and operational direction for the product solution, and influences multifunctional resources to accomplish business objectives.
- Defines and drives execution of the marketing strategy, product roadmap (including lifecycle management) and priorities for portfolio of products and services to create solution-based offerings.
- Develops one, three and five-year product roadmaps, marketing and launch planning in collaboration with R&D and management team to create robust new product pipeline that meets or exceeds customer expectations.
- Manages portfolio positioning, pricing and brand strategies
- Accountable for working with global and regional marketing counterparts to develop and execute regional strategies to ensure achievement of financial/ budget expectations; including scientific content, competitor response, tradeshows, campaign tactics, digital channel and sales enablement (training, tools, etc.) and others.
- Ability to understand and translate technical capabilities into benefits is crucial to drive revenue growth.
- Develops expertise on customer buying criteria; market segmentation, competition to create strategies to win in the market
- Establishes and maintains a strong competitive position through strategic and tactical identification of marketing opportunities.
- Able to generate novel ideas for defining, implementing and bringing to market new products and technologies; ensures that customer perspectives are appropriately incorporated into every aspect of product development
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- B.S. in a Life Sciences discipline, or equivalent combination of education and experience. MBA and/or Master’s degree, Ph.D. in Immunology or Cell Biology or related scientific discipline highly preferred.
- Must have at least 3+ years strategic marketing, product management, or equivalent relevant experience. Preferably in a biotechnology, life sciences or medical device industry. Advanced degrees combined with experience in the technology workflow can be considered as relevant experience.
- Specific understanding and/or experience with Next Generation Sequencing (NGS) or immunoassays is highly preferred.
- Requires a highly motivated, dynamic and customer-oriented leader who thrives in a challenging and changing environment. Easily develops relationships and engagement with KOLs.
- Working knowledge and experience with Contract Research Organizations (CROs) and/or clinical labs.
- High level of personal effectiveness with the ability to work effectively within and ability to lead a project team and the cross-functional organization.
- Experience working in and/or leading teams in cross-functional environments.
- Substantial applied product and market management experience in multiple disciplines, such as market development and/ or product development.
- Demonstrated strategic thinking and implementation skills; proven analytical skills with ability to translate data into actionable plans.
- Effective skills in areas of interpersonal, oral and written communication, organization, prioritization and planning, goal setting, analytical and problem solving.
- Results-oriented, capable of managing and driving the completion of multiple competing projects.
- Requires the ability to develop comprehensive business cases with detailed financial analysis.
- Experience presenting to senior level leadership is required.
- Previous experience with Salesforce.com and digital marketing, web and eCommerce preferred.
- Ability to travel up to 25% of the time (domestic & international).
- Experience in identifying market opportunities, market segmentation, competitive analysis, forecasting, pricing strategy, market development and go to market models and strategies.
- Requires a general knowledge of the Life Sciences market as well as the sales, operations, and marketing functions. Scientific and technical knowledge with the ability to develop and review technical product specifications and applications development plans.
Nestled at the foothills of the majestic Catalina Mountains, and ringed by 4 other mountain ranges, a young and family friendly modern metropolis, Tucson offers 276 days of sunshine, unparalleled golf, museums, historic sites and hiking trails where one can experience the wide variety of animal and plant life of the Sonoran Desert, one of the most biodiverse spots on the planet.
HTG offers competitive salaries and an attractive benefits package including 100% employer paid medical and dental benefits, long term disability and life insurance, an employee stock purchase plan, and the unique ability to work with cutting edge technological advances.
Please apply here.
HTG is an Equal Opportunity Employer