Headquartered in Tucson, Arizona, we are a provider of instruments and reagents for molecular profiling applications. Our mission is to empower precision medicine at the local level. Our next-generation sequencing (NGS)-adapted chemistry and instrument platforms automate sample processing and can quickly, robustly, and simultaneously profile hundreds or thousands of molecular targets from samples a fraction of the size required by competitive technologies, enabling customers to do more molecular profiling with less sample.
Additional information about us is available at www.htgmolecular.com.
- Accountable for delivering the revenue plan for the assigned area
- Responsible for negotiating and closing new partnerships leading toward companion diagnostics
- Develop and cultivate high level pharmaceutical accounts relationships
- Communicate the results of client meetings on an ongoing basis to sales management
- Monitor pharma research services, gene expression, sequencing and CDx competition and report important activities (products, services, & technical developments, trends in the market, seminars, training sessions etc.) to the sales management team
- Provide forecasting, reporting of activities, and CDx business development opportunities via routine use and updating of CRM application (salesforce.com).
- Must meet the company administrative requirements and timelines.
- May perform additional duties as assigned or directed by management from time to time
- B.S. degree in Life Sciences or similar; Advanced degree highly desirable
- Minimum of 5-years of sales leadership and/or business development experience in the pharmaceutical services, laboratory services, clinical research organization (CRO) market required; experience selling gene expression and sequencing technologies/services is preferred.
- Prior experience and/or understanding of CDx development process within diagnostic companies (including regulatory); partnership with pharmaceutical organizations strongly preferred
- CRM experience; salesforce.com experience preferred
- Strong "closer" with a successful track record of coordinating a complex sales process from initial contact to signature, including the ability to negotiate through a complex agreement.
- Clear understanding of drug development, including how oncology assays are utilized in clinical trials.
- Strong relationships (or ability to build them) with Key Opinion Leaders within the pharmaceutical and biotechnology industry.
- Proven ability of effective written and verbal communication and listening skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills and commitment to customer service and satisfaction.
- Highly driven with a strong motivation to succeed and win, results driven, and highly productive.
- Have an approachable manner that encourages interaction with others.
- Ability to work in a fast paced, dynamic, entrepreneurial environment with efficiency and strong ability to handle multiple projects and prioritize appropriately.
- Must be able to work with a high level of autonomy, but also readily identify those issues that require supervisory attention.
- Performance Orientation – Is driven by personal performance; achieves all objectives detailed in scorecards and comfortable with quantifiable assessments.
- Impact Orientation – Performs to stated objectives and driven to make an impact on company goals and improving potential patients’ lives.
- Competitive – Dedicated to win and a competitive spirit that supports our client’s goal to be the premier diagnostic technology in the industry.
- Sense of Urgency – Has the speed and agility dedicated to the company’s goals and performance.
- Ability to Handle Pressure and Ambiguity – Comfortable with the pressure to be the best and the ability to maintain composure and focus in situations of ambiguity and uncertainty.
- Confidence - Confident in one’s skills and abilities; pursues everything with energy; demonstrates the drive and a need to finish especially in the face of resistance or setbacks.
Physical, Mental, and Environmental Requirements:
Overnight and multi-night and/or weekend travel may be required to accomplish target goals.
Nestled at the foothills of the majestic Catalina Mountains, and ringed by 4 other mountain ranges, a young and family friendly modern metropolis, Tucson offers 276 days of sunshine, unparalleled golf, museums, historic sites and hiking trails where one can experience the wide variety of animal and plant life of the Sonoran Desert, one of the most biodiverse spots on the planet.
HTG offers competitive salaries and an attractive benefits package including medical, dental, and vision benefits, short & long term disability, life insurance, 401k, employee stock purchase plan, and the unique ability to work with cutting edge technological advances.
Please apply here.