Headquartered in Tucson, Arizona, we are a provider of instruments and reagents for molecular profiling applications. Our mission is to empower precision medicine at the local level. Our next-generation sequencing (NGS)-adapted chemistry and instrument platforms automate sample processing and can quickly, robustly, and simultaneously profile hundreds or thousands of molecular targets from samples a fraction of the size required by competitive technologies, enabling customers to do more molecular profiling with less sample.
Additional information about us is available at www.htgmolecular.com.
Performs a wide variety of experiments, techniques, and assays within several areas of expertise to advance product development, collaborations, troubleshooting, or grant work with high attention to detail.
- Independently designs, develops and optimizes assays.
- Independently contributes ideas related to other projects that are not the employee’s current focus and contributes novel ideas to solve problems.
- Contributes significantly to a team of scientists involved in a particular project.
- Performs detailed data analysis and reports results.
- Maintains accurate and updated laboratory notebooks (electronic records).
- Prepares and delivers presentations of project results to team and/or management.
- Demonstrates strong written and oral communication skills and ability to multi-task.
- Demonstrates strong technical writing abilities supplemented with excellent presentation skills.
- Performs duties as needed to fulfill current project and business requirements.
- Shows flexibility and demonstrates strong organization as well as inter-personal skills.
- Demonstrates logical, investigative, analytical, “Quality-First” mindset with strong problem-solving skills.
- Master’s Degree in Genetics, Cellular and Molecular Biology, Biochemistry, or Life Sciences; PhD preferred.
- 3 years' relevant industry experience.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Strong familiarity with next-generation sequencing library preparation, instrumentation, and data analysis (please specify platforms).
- Familiarity with standard statistical methods, tools and data-analysis.
- Strong familiarity with Microsoft office.
- Familiarity with automated laboratory instruments (liquid handling, plate washing).
- Understanding of scientific principles and concepts and their application to research projects.
- Strong molecular biology laboratory skills, including assay techniques such as gene expression assays, array-based assays, oligonucleotide probe design, PCR, qPCR, sequencing, and Nucleic Acid techniques.
- Ability to perform research and demonstrated ability to contribute novel ideas to solve problems.
- Keeps current with and research relevant scientific literature.
- Demonstrated ability to design, develop assays. along with ability to analyze, interpret and present results.
- Demonstrated ability to independently carry out objectives with minimal supervision.
- Assists in routine testing and lab maintenance activities.
- Ability to represent (propose and complete objectives) a specific discipline, such as molecular
- Industrial experience is a plus.
- Previous Product or Assay Development/Assay Verification/Validation experience a plus.
- Experience in a regulated lab environment is a plus.
- Experience collaborating with cross-functional teams is a plus.
Nestled at the foothills of the majestic Catalina Mountains, and ringed by 4 other mountain ranges, a young and family friendly modern metropolis, Tucson offers 276 days of sunshine, unparalleled golf, museums, historic sites and hiking trails where one can experience the wide variety of animal and plant life of the Sonoran Desert, one of the most biodiverse spots on the planet.
HTG offers competitive salaries and an attractive benefits package including 100% employer paid medical and dental benefits, long term disability and life insurance, an employee stock purchase plan, and the unique ability to work with cutting edge technological advances.
Please apply here.
HTG is an Equal Opportunity Employer